The payment model on the JustAnswer site pays per question. Answer as many questions as you'd like, anytime, anywhere.
- Payment Model
- Base-pay per question
- Expert Score
- Every question will be reviewed
- Review dates
- Where to find your weekly base-pay tier
- How to increase your Expert Score
- How to access your earnings report
- Get paid via PayPal
- Important points to remember
How are Experts paid? Expert earnings include a base-pay per question + bonus opportunities
Which questions are paid? Every question answered or attempted to answer
When are earnings issued? Experts are paid out once a month, by the 4th business day.
Base-pay per question
The base-pay per question defines the payout value per question and is determined by your Expert Score
Your Expert Score is based on your performance. Every question you pick up is reviewed by an algorithm. It is calculated weekly and resets on Monday.
Your performance is measured by your Answer Rate multiplied by your Quality Grade
- Answer Rate = the percentage of questions you provide an answer to by marking off the “Completed” checkbox
- Quality Grade = the score out of five points that determines the quality of your interaction with the customer.
Expert Score = Answer Rate X Quality Grade
Your Expert Score determines which of the five base-pay tiers you're in for the week and the value per question
Experts who have not responded to 100 questions yet, will not have an Expert Score and will default to the Silver base-pay tier.
Every question will be reviewed
Once a question is marked “Complete” or the question times out after 7 days, the question is submitted for review.
Every question will be reviewed (except for Premium Service questions) by an algorithm. The algorithm starts when you provide an answer and you check the “Completed” box. If you forget to mark the box, the question will be sent for review after it closes. It’s very important to remember to check of the “Completed” box to avoid any delays of the question being reviewed and accounted in your Expert Score.
The algorithm uses a linguistic analysis that will cover grammar, the tone of the conversation, the professionalism of the interaction (for example, no profanity), and customer engagement.
- A linguistic analysis recognizes:
- Customer engagement
The base-pay tiers and Expert Score rest every Monday. They are based on all questions reviewed from the week before, spanning 10 days prior (Friday) to 4 days prior (Thursday). Example below.
Where to find your weekly base pay tier
Your new weekly base pay tier will be sent via email. Experts who have less than 100 questions reviewed will see dashes but will default into the Silver base-pay tier.
How to increase your Expert Score
- Increase your Answer Rate
- Select questions you can answer.
- Answer every question you pick up and check the box, "Completed" once you believe it's ready to be reviewed.
- If the customer does not reply to your IR within 7 days, provide the best answer you can.
- Example: "Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps." (provide a general answer and then mark the "Completed" checkbox).
- Improve your Quality Grade
- Communicate to the customer politely, even if the customer does not reciprocate.
- Seek clarification from the customer instead of assuming.
- Show empathy in the conversation.
- Example: "I'm sorry to hear about .... I know that can be .... Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly."
- Let the customer know it will be a few minutes before you can reply back.
- Pay attention to your grammar and make sure to add details to your answers so the customer understands their next steps.
How to access your earnings report
- From the Request Center, click on your Expert username.
- Select "Reports".
Important points to remember
- You get paid for every question you answer
- Focus on providing an answer to every customer
- Exceptional quality leads to higher tiers
- Expert Support can assist with any payment questions you have. Contact them here or you can email them at email@example.com