We’ve pulled together some of the most successful greetings and signatures and are sharing them here for you to use. Please note the friendly, polite tone and helpful nature of each one.
When greeting your customer on the question page, consider providing a high-quality greeting that introduces yourself, welcomes them to the site, and lets them know you'll be right back with your reply. This helps set their expectations that an Expert is there and ready to help, and it keeps them engaged and excited to see what your reply is. It helps to build your new and hopefully ongoing relationship with your customer right from the start!
- Lead with a friendly greeting welcoming the customer
- Greet them using their name if they provided it
- Personalize the experience by introducing yourself with your name
- Let them know you'll be right back, then be sure to do that! Return and reply to this customer with the answer or request for information that you promised before you move on to the next customer.
- Ask for a rating
- Explain how the site works
Examples we love:
- Hi, Jenny. Welcome to the site! I'm Mike and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. I'll be right back with my reply.
- Hello Jenny! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Smith and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!
- Hello. My name is Mike and I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I'm typing up my reply now and will return with it within the next few minutes!
Note: You can set up your greeting to automatically post so you don't have to type it up each time! Click here for more information.
- Keep it short – 1 to 3 sentences max
- Lead with asking if they were satisfied or to let them know their satisfaction is your goal
- Politely ask for a "5-star rating" (go for the best rating here, you deserve it!)
- Remind them that they can continue the conversation if they need more help
- Lead with the rating and make that appear to be your only concern
- Ask repeatedly for a rating – one mention of it is best
- State they should not be rating site issues – Many haven’t experienced them, so you are potentially confusing the issue
- Use colors, bold, and ALL CAPS to stress the need for a rating
Examples we love:
- My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!
- I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
- Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If you're satisfied with my help, please consider a 5-star rating at this time. Thank you and I wish you the best with your vehicle repairs.
We want you all to be successful on the site – and will continue to share tips and tools with you, most of which we’ll have gleaned and/or built with data from customer and expert feedback – to help you do so.
If you need help or have questions, please Submit an Inquiry with the red button above.