Recently JustAnswer initiated a "mystery shopper" campaign designed to give us feedback on the customer view. We received a giant dossier with suggestions for improvement, which we've incorporated into our internal feedback programs.
Some feedback, though, is directly within Expert control - which means change is in your hands!
Today we want to chat about Miniprofiles, which are visible to customers in the “Meet our Experts” carousel to the right of the homepage:
We received the following feedback regarding this section:
- I would love to know more about the experience and credentials of the Experts – I can’t see them.
- Some of the Expert names don’t seem very professional.
- Where are some miniprofiles blank? Are there no credentials to add?
- Some of the photos are not professional, which makes me distrust them.
Taking all the responses together, it seems that people who visit us after a Google search, may review this information and end up not asking a question because they are not sure of the credibility, reliability and professionalism of Experts. Now, WE know that you possess all of these qualities - but can the customer see it and trust in it?
To improve this feedback, we've created a guide which can be used as a template to help every Expert get the best out of their miniprofiles.
How does this following this guide benefit you?
1) Removing barriers to customers asking questions creates more question volume and earnings opportunities for you.
2) Establishing trust and credibility straight away sets off your customer relationship on the right foot and increases the likelihood of a positive rating for your answers.
The step by step guide.
1. Make sure your photo aligns with our Best Practices for Photos.
2. Change your display name in each profile to something that reflects your professional designation! Here are some examples:
- Medicine: Dr. Smith, Dr. Joe Smith, Dr. Joanna Smith, Joanna Smith, PhD. Joanna Smith
- Legal: Solicitor/Barrister/Lawyer Joanna Smith, LLB Joe Smith, LLB Joanna Smith, PhD. Joe Smith
- Veterinary: Dr. Joe Smith, Dr Joanna Smith, RCVS Joanna Smith, Veterinary Surgeon Joanna Smith, Veterinarian Joe Smith, Vet Joe Smith
- Electronics: Apple/Windows/Tablet/PC Technician Joanna Smith
(Please ask if you need a specific example for your own category.)
3. Name of your profession. This should be clear – Computer Technician, Vet, Lawyer, Mechanic, etc.
4. Your title and the authority from whom you receive your credential. For example:
- Legal: Law degree from University of XXX . Expertise in XXXX with XXX years of experience.
- Medicine: Degree in Medicine from University of XXX. Speciality in XXXX with XXX years of clinical experience in XXX Hospital.
- Veterinary: Veterinary medicine degree from the University of XXXX. Specialising in treatment of small animals with XX years of experience. [Currently running/partner in own clinic.]
- Computers : Computer Science degree from XXX or Certified Professional with XXXX. Specialising in XXX with XX years of experience.
- Electronics : Trained in XXX with over XXX years of experience helping to solve electronics issues.
How to change your miniprofiles
The miniprofile is the first thing customers see when deciding to ask a question on JustAnswer, so it benefits you to make them as clear and comprehensive as possible.
To edit, go here:
You will see a list of miniprofiles, one for each category in which you are listed:
Click on the “Edit” link on the right-hand side. This will take you to the configuration page for each particular miniprofile:
The paragraphs that the customer can see are your view name and title. Please complete these and then click on “Submit Profile” to save the changes. It may take 24 hours for these changes to show publicly.
Some examples of miniprofiles we really like:
Now you are equipped with the best information, head to your miniprofiles section and make sure you are giving the customer the best possible picture of your professional self.
Questions? Please reach out using the Submit a Request button at the top right of this page.