We’ve pulled together some of the most successful greetings and signatures we've seen on JA, and are sharing them here for you to customise to your own style. Please make sure your greetings and signatures are friendly and helpful - we know this works, and helps you to provide the full package to the customer.
Remember: customers are looking for comfort and empowerment as well as the correct, good-quality answer to their problem - and using great greetings and signatures will help you provide this.
When greeting your customer on the question page, use a high-quality greeting that introduces yourself, establishes your credentials, welcomes them to the site, and lets them know you'll be right back with a comprehensive reply. This helps set their expectations that an Expert is there and ready to help, and it keeps them engaged and excited to see what your reply is. It helps to build your new and hopefully ongoing relationship with your customer right from the start!
- Lead with a friendly greeting welcoming the customer
- Greet them using their name if they provided it
- Personalise the experience by introducing yourself with your name and credentials
- Ask for additional information from customers that will help you answer their questions - and let the customer know why you are asking!
- Ask for a rating
- Explain how the site works
Examples we love:
- Hello, I’m Nadia-Law, I’m a solicitor with twelve years of experience in winning Family Law cases, and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you!
- Welcome to JustAnswer - my name is DrPeter and I'm an experienced GP. I hope I can help you today. Please let me know the answers to the following questions, so I can assist you fully.
- Keep it short – 1 to 3 sentences max.
- Lead with asking if they were satisfied or to let them know their satisfaction is your goal.
- Politely ask for a "5-star rating" (go for the best rating here, you deserve it!).
- Remind them that they can continue the conversation if they need more help.
- Lead with the rating and make that appear to be your only concern.
- Ask repeatedly for a rating – one mention of it is best. "Buzzing" the customer (repeated contacts to ask for a rating) is expressly prohibited.
- State they should not be rating site issues – if the customer hasn't experienced any issue you will confuse them.
- Use colors, bold, and ALL CAPS to stress the need for a rating.
Examples we love:
- My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!
- I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
- Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If you're satisfied with my help, please consider a 5-star rating at this time. Thank you and I wish you the best with your vehicle repairs.
- My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
We want you all to be as successful as possible on the site – and will continue to share tips and tools with you, most of which we build with data from customer and expert feedback – to help you do so.
You'll also find up-to-date tips in your Category Moderator emails and the fortnightly UK Expert newsletter, The Expert Pulse.
If you need help or have questions, please Submit a Request using the link at the top right of the page.